Hire a Scooter - Coming Soon!
Hire a scooter and explore at your own pace. The beautiful valley of Uttarkashi is dotted with picturesque villages and peaceful paths and roads that are mostly unexplored by the visitors, mostly due to a lack of time and also due to a lack of transportation. Keeping in mind the fact that Uttarkashi does not have a public transport system, except for the shared taxis that ply only the busy routes, and the lack of facilities to hire a car or a vehicle of any sort in Uttarkashi, Monal Tourist Home has started this new initiative to facilitate its guests. From this season of 2018, we are offering our guests the facility to hire a two-wheeler, which will help in making our guests more mobile and self-dependent. This not only provides an ease of transportation to our guests but also allows them to explore our lovely valley at their own convenience and pace.
Since we are not a bike hiring business, only the guests that are staying at our hotel in Uttarkashi will be allowed to hire a scooter.
Scooters For Hire
Hiring a two-wheeler in Uttarkashi has now been made possible. There are two vehicles for hire in Uttarkshi.
Honda Aviator (125 cc)
Honda Activa (125 cc)
Short Distance Trips
For trips to the town, or nearby areas (up to 20km), you may hire the scooter(s) at INR 10/km. (incl. fuel) per scooter. Guests would, however, be charged a per hour rate if they take the scooter for longer than one hour.
Scooters may be hired at a fixed rate of INR 100 per hour, excluding fuel. The odometer reading would be noted before and after hiring, and fuel consumption would be calculated at 40km/ltr.
Cost of fuel consumed would be charged to the guests in the final bill.
Scooters may be hired at a fixed rate of INR 500 per day, excluding fuel. The odometer reading would be noted before and after hiring, and fuel consumption would be calculated at 40km/ltr.
Cost of fuel consumed would be included in the final bill.
- Guests will be required to submit their government issued IDs prior to hiring.
- Guests must have a valid Indian or International Driving License, a copy of which will be retained by Monal Tourist Home.
- Scooters can only be hired by the guests staying at Monal, provided the scooters are available.
- Scooters will be provided with helmets which MUST be used while driving.
- Due to safety reasons, scooters must be returned to Monal by 6.00 pm in winter and 7.00pm in summer.
- If you wish to hire the scooter outside the stipulated time, please contact Deepender. This may incur extra charge depending on your requirement.
- For the whole day rentals, timings are:
- Summer: April - October 7.00 am - 7.00 pm
- Winter: November - March 7.00 am - 6.00 pm
- If the vehicles are not returned by the stipulated time, you will be liable for a penalty equivalent to the rental for the day.
- Any damage to the scooters or equipment must be borne by the guest and will be adjusted in the final billing invoice.
- Monal Tourist Home is not liable for any accidental coverage, either for the equipment or personnel.
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver form before hiring the bikes.
- You will also have to sign a short-term hiring contract before the vehicle is handed over to you.