Hire a Bicycle - Monal Bike Hires
Guests at Monal can hire a bicycle now. Monal has decided to offer rent-a-bike service to its guests. There are two bikes available to the guests who would like to explore the valley on their own. We have two Huge HDT-49 hybrid bicycles for hire.
Both the bicycles are equipped with gears and are provided along with protective gear.
Guests can contact Dippy to hire a bicycle and also to inquire about some of the best cycling routes in Uttarkashi.
- Guests will be required to submit their government-issued IDs before they can hire a bicycle.
- Cycles can only be hired by the guests staying at Monal, provided they are available.
- Cycles will be provided with helmets which MUST be used while riding.
- Due to safety reasons, the cycles must be returned to Monal by 6.00 pm in winter and 7.00pm in summer.
- If you wish to hire the cycle outside the stipulated time, please contact Deepender. This may incur an extra charge depending on your requirement.
- For the whole day rentals, timings are:
- Summer: April - October 7.00 am - 7.00 pm
- Winter: November - March 7.00 am - 6.00 pm
- For whole day hires, if the vehicles are not returned by the stipulated time, you will be liable for a penalty equivalent to the rental for the day.
- Any damage to the cycles or equipment must be borne by the guest and will be adjusted in the final billing invoice.
- Monal Tourist Home is not liable for any accidental coverage, either for the equipment or personnel.
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver form before hiring the bikes.
- You will also have to sign a short-term hiring contract before the vehicle is handed over to you.
- INR 300 per day per bike will be billed to the guest to hire a bicycle
Monal Tourist Home has been enthusiastically pursuing the sport of cycling & mountain biking for the past few years and now we are facilitating our guests to explore the area either on their own or in collaboration with our team. We have identified a few routes that are interesting and offer a wide variety of riding experience to the cycling and mountain biking enthusiasts. So hire a bicycle from Monal in Uttarkashi and pedal off to explore on your own.
Monal - Mahidanda - Monal
Mahidanda is located about 11km up the hill from Monal. The route is a well paved road, through thick Devdaar and Pine forests, and very little traffic. On clear days, you can have a beautiful sight of Mt. Banderpunch Massif from the top. The ascend is steep, so guests are suggested to take the bikes up on a car (contact Dippy), and cycle downhill.
Chaurangi Khal - Uttarkashi
Chaurangi khal is a picturesque pass located at about 2500 mtrs. The road distance is 27km from Uttarkashi. It is advisable to take the bicycle up to Chaurangi Khal on a bus or taxi, and cycle down.
For more routes and enquiry, get in touch with Dippy. He will be more than happy to share his experience.